Pursuing with a passion what HE has called me to do

Pursuing with a passion what HE has called me to do

Sunday, May 09, 2010

My House is a Disaster

My house is a disaster. There are dirty dishes in the sink, clean dishes in the dishwasher, miscellaneous food items left out on the counter, unsorted papers on the desk, a whole litany of items on the kitchen table, over a dozen skirts hanging over the banister waiting to be ironed and put away, wrapping paper strewn on the floor from our Mother's Day celebration with Jon's family that took place Friday night. The bed's are un-made, the floors are un-vacuumed and the dust is an inch thick. But although I feel shame on my housekeeping skills at the moment, or rather lack there of, all this pales in comparison to the fact that I did two important things this weekend.
1) I spent time with my son. I played with him, I watched him, I even took some videos. He's growing so fast and if I don't pay attention he's going to grow up and I'm going to miss it.
2) I went to a graduation ceremony for a very close and dear friend. She's missing part of her family, the Lord took them to heaven. I was there, not because I could replace them for her, but because I'm proud of her and her accomplishment. She and her family mean the world to me. The families have known each other even before most of us "kids" were born. There were only 2 when our parents met, now there's 7 of us plus a few extra in spouses and now a third generation started. We have a bond even stronger than the family relationship. Blood. Jesus Christ shed His blood for us and that's what ties us together. We get the blessing of spending our lives together on earth and the great joy of spending eternity together in heaven in the presence of our Saviour. That's what makes my friend and her family so special to me, and I am honored to call her "friend" for even more reasons than that and blessed to call her "sister" because God is the Father of us both.

No comments: