Pursuing with a passion what HE has called me to do

Pursuing with a passion what HE has called me to do

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Sooo what am I talking about when I say "the calling"

"The Calling" to me is the Biblical calling that God has to all women, stated in His word in passages like Proverbs 31, Titus 2 and 1 Peter 3.
This is the most noble and true calling of a woman, to take care of her husband, children and do good works in the community in the name of the Lord.
Admittedly this can be difficult for young women in my position who aren't married and must provide for themselves. There is no husband or children to take care of and because the duty of financial provision falls to the young woman, after a long day of work there isn't much gusto to go out into the community and perform good works.
But where there's a will there's a way. If you want to serve God and fulfill your role as a woman, the Lord will provide the means.

Blessings,
Chelsea

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Hi Chelsea. Enjoyed the post. You know, we live in a time when some men expect a woman to help pay the bills. Blame it on this feministic society. There are a few men, though, that still want to take care of a woman.

My husband is such a man. He swept me off my feet at the age of 17. Yes, I married at 17. We've been married for over 13 years now and we have three children. It is truly wonderful how God intends the role of man and woman to be. My husband works and I stay home and take care of the children. This includes homeschooling them.

I admire you for wanting to do the Biblical thing and be a Proverbs 31 and a Titus 2 woman. God will honor that. All He can honor is His Word.

Best wishes on your engagement.

Blessings,
Nikki