Pursuing with a passion what HE has called me to do

Pursuing with a passion what HE has called me to do

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

4 Inches? I don't think so!

The weather report called for 4 inches of snow in our area. Tell me, does this look like 4 inches to you? It sure is pretty though.



This is the first "spring snow" for us. It sure does start early in Colorado. For those of you who don't know what a "spring snow " is - it's a snow that comes in wet and heavy and is gone by the afternoon (well, when it's this deep it does take more than just an afternoon to get rid of but it doesn't stay around long once the sun comes out).


This is the only way to move a Colorado snow! and it still took almost an hour to clean off the cars and clean up what Dad couldn't get with the snowblower.
Later in the morning Jon came over and sharpened my sewing scissors for me and had lunch with us.


Isn't he a nice guy? Since I didn't have any work we decided to go look at furniture this afternoon. It's really hard to make a decision on furniture when you don't know what size rooms you'll have, so I guess we'll have to decide on the house first. It's amazing because I had this idea of what I wanted our home to look like and all the furniture we kept choosing was really rustic - not a bad thing, just really different than I had imagined (and doesn't exactly match with all the accessories and linens I have bought already, but then it might go better than I'm thinking).


Well, I think I'm going to go spend a quiet evening by the fire knitting and watching "Hogans Heros" and "House". Jon, his dad and his youngest brother went up to camp to work more on remodeling the bathrooms. I could have gone, but it's way too cold and I didn't get much sleep last night and it's going to be another late night for them. I didn't get before pictures of the bathrooms, but I'll take some after pictures and post them. The guys have really worked hard and done a beautiful and precise job. I gotta admit it was fun tearing out the drywall, not that I did much tearing out, more like carrying out, but you could tell Jon and Justin were having a lot of fun with it.

No comments: