Pursuing with a passion what HE has called me to do

Pursuing with a passion what HE has called me to do

Friday, February 08, 2008

Yes, you can shop at Bath and Body Works

I often hear people tell me things like, "Oh, I could never afford to shop there" ("There" meaning, Coldwater Creek, Bath and Body Works, Levenger, etc). Well, it is possible to shop "there" even on a budget. For example, here is what we got at Bath and Body Works for $2.02. Yes, you heard right -$ 145.50 worth of products for $2.02!


Here's how we did it -

1. We went when all signature products were $5 except the body butter and other items were 50 to 75% off.

2. We went on a Saturday when there is usually, on sale days, a lady giving $10 gift certificates if you take a 10 minute or so survey (my mom, sister and I all took the survey so there is $30).

3. Because I shop there I am on their email list so I had coupons for a free travel size product with any purchase (one for me, one for mom, one for sis). I also got in the mail a $10 off your purchase. So just by being on their list I saved $28.00 from coupons, not to mention being alerted about the sale.

So there you have it, an easy way to save and still come out smelling like a rose - sorry, "Midnight Pomegranate"

7 comments:

Azul said...

Wow, good work!

I love shopping there, but normally limit myself to the January & July sales.

I'll have to keep an eye out for deals like these, and hopefully I'll be able to shop there a little more often.

Karen said...

Great buys! I've never seen anyone around here doing surveys but I've still walked away with some great deals from this store.

lizzykristine said...

Wow! I'm impressed -- and motivated to get on their mailing list. :)

While not as good as your deal, I did get about $96 of stuff in January for $21. Makes great gifts for certain people and even leaves a little luxury for me, too!

Anonymous said...

I got lotion for a $1.00 a bottle. I don't find much luck at Coldwater Creek. There sales prices are full price at Chris & Banks. But at C&B I find the best deals and great quality.

Christa said...

Thanks for the tips! I've never run across anyone offering surveys at B&BW. I'll have to keep a look out for one the next time they have a sale! (Maybe the problem is that I don't usually go shopping on a Saturday.)

Martha A. said...

I bought a bunch of stuff there as I had a gift card and got a ton of stuff cheaply too! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.